Haaretz news. Haaretz

In 1999, surveys show that Haaretz readership has a higher-than-average education, income, and wealth and that most are Less space is devoted to pictures, and more to
Stephen Glain of described Haaretz as "Israel's liberal beacon", citing its editorials voicing opposition to the occupation, the discriminatory treatment of Arab citizens, and the mindset that led to the Haaretz was closely aligned with the General Zionists A faction which became the Progressive Party in 1948 , a liberal stream in the Zionist Movement

TV7 Israel News

In 1919, it was taken over by a group of , mainly from.

12
Haaretz daily
The deal was negotiated with the help of the former Israeli ambassador to Germany,
The Jerusalem Post: Breaking News, Israel News
Similarly, Haaretz, although independent, had a distinctly liberal though nonpartisan character
Haaretz daily
Later, the name was shortened to Haaretz
The Tel Aviv municipality granted the paper financial support by paying in advance for future advertisements Despite its historically relatively low circulation in Israel, Haaretz has for many years been described as Israel's most influential daily newspaper
Schocken was active in , also known as the Jewish—Palestinian Peace Alliance, a body supporting co-existence between Jews and Arabs which was sympathetic to a homeland for both peoples Its editorial pages are considered influential among government leaders

Haaretz daily

It was closed briefly due to a budgetary shortfall and reopened in Tel Aviv at the beginning of 1923 under the editorship of Moshe Glickson, who held the post for 15 years.

19
TV7 Israel News
The Schocken family were the sole owners of the Haaretz Group until August 2006, when they sold a 25% stake to German publisher
TV7 Israel News
The deal saw the Schocken family reach 75% ownership, with the remaining 25% owned by Leonid Nevzlin
The Jerusalem Post: Breaking News, Israel News
Editorial policy and viewpoints Haaretz describes itself as having "a broadly outlook both on domestic issues and on international affairs"
External links Wikimedia Commons has media related to The newspaper opposes retaining control of the territories and consistently supports peace initiatives
Formatting, circulation and reputation Front page of the Hebrew and English editions Circulation In 2016, the newspaper's fell to an all-time low of 3 Apart from the news, Haaretz publishes feature articles on social and environmental issues, as well as book reviews, investigative reporting, and political commentary

Haaretz daily

According to , it was the first time since 1965 that a newspaper did not go to press on account of a strike.

27
TV7 Israel News
On 12 June 2011, it was announced that Russian-Israeli businessman had purchased a 20% stake in the Haaretz Group, buying 15% from the family and 5% from M
TV7 Israel News
Opinion columns are generally written by regular commentators rather than guest writers
Haaretz
The two sites fall under the supervision of Lior Kodner, the head of for the Haaretz Group